Cocaine Defense Attorney
Have you or a loved one been charged with a crime involving cocaine? The Law Offices of Travis Koon is here to help you in your time of need.
Perhaps no other drug has affected the state of Florida quite like cocaine has. For a long stretch of time, Florida was known traditionally to many as the cocaine capital of the world. Naturally in response to this stigma, Florida enacted drug laws against the substance which can come with heavy consequences to those who break them. Here are the details of what a cocaine based crime in the state of Florida can bring an individual.
• Possession of less than 28 grams can shell out a maximum of 5 years in jail, with fines and/or jail time likely depending on the severity of the circumstance.
• 28-199.99 grams involves a mandatory minimum of 3 years of incarceration and a $50,000 fine. Maximum jail time for this amount can be 30 years but
normally is not likely.
• 200-399.99 grams of cocaine holds a mandatory minimum sentence of 7 years in jail, a $100,000 fine, as well as maximum jail time of 30 years.
• 400 grams to 149.99 kilograms holds a minimum mandatory 15 year sentence in prison as well as $250,000 in fines.
• 150 kilograms or more involves a mandatory minimum sentence of life in prison with no parole.
Cocaine is treated much more seriously than other drugs in the state of Florida. Fortunately our experienced criminal defense attorneys are here to help you. We can meet with you one on one to discuss the possible options and scope of the situation and can assist you in the following ways.
• Proving you to be lacking in actual possession of the drug.
• Bringing about the issue of your constitutional rights being violated which may result in dropped charges.
• Depending on the severity of the crime, issuing plea bargains for less harsh sentencing.
• Expungement of your records under certain conditions.
Contact us at one of our local numbers in Jacksonville and Gainesville or visit us at one of our branches in Lake City or Miami, Fl.